I was sent a pack of bits made by Tamiya, the well know over-pricing experts, for a 1/6th scale chain meant for their Honda kit. I needed this for the Vincent model because I have to make the sprockets to the correct pitch and that will be entirely governed by the chain available.
The pack was woefully badly packaged and so one of the 4 identical sprues was totally useless. They renewed that, which told me that the chain was £34 including p&p, which is frankly, taking the piss I reckon. Anyway, we now have a good, unsmashed pack which I am putting together at the rate of an inch a day and that's more than enough for something so complex and tiny.
Here it is so far, in it's little jig which is on each of the 4 identical sprues.
Last evening I spent some time adding gutters to buildings that needed them. I started using my special press, but the aluminium I have is too thin and deformed and the brass shim a little stiff, so the punch broke! I got enough shape from the punch to finish them anyway and then a bit of brass rod bent to represent a downpipe. Still need the gutter support brackets, but got the downpipe brackets done. It's amazing what a difference something like a simple gutter makes to a model. My punch does scale 6 foot lengths with the ribbed, joggled joint section (the discernible "bump").