Sunday 12 November 2017

Copyright....Phooey...

I did try another forum recently. Slow it was, but then a response. One from a Health & Safety fan about knife use and then today another from someone fretting about 2 pictures I found on the net.
Now I don't care what the info sites say.  If you put a picture on the 'net without a "watermark" or whatever clever bit of cyber kit stops me downloading it, then it's published and that, by my logic means it's public. End of story.

Now if you want to sue me for finding your photo and thinking it good enough to share with a tiny readership because it tallies with a point I'm making, then you go ahead and send the old cease and desist shite, matey. I ain't got a pot to piss in, so good luck with that. 

I've had more work stolen by foreigners than I care to recall. Bugger all I can do about it, so just bite the lip and know my original was better because it was the first.

If people want to get snotty about about their little snapshots, they should at least say who they are and would users be kind enough to credit them, in which case I'd happily concur.  Otherwise tell your proxy champions to shuck the fuck up!

And that, as far as I can see, is the last model railway forum available to me, so now it really is here or nowhere.  And really...who actually cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment