Sunday 8 June 2014

And so to a well earned day orff!...

After two weekends and a week of full days (except Tuesday which was pouring all day) the shed is finally as near finished as makes no odds.

My willing and helpful son-in-law, Ian, shimmied up carpets laid on the felt and masticked and nailed the final strip of felt, so it should now be weatherproof.  I believe he is actually Spider Man!
We left it till after dinner this evening for the lack of the burning sun and it seemed to work well.
During the day I finished lining the inner walls with hardboard over the polystyrene insulation, put up little Owen's bench (he insists on working with Grandad) and then continued it right round the end wall as a mixed bench cum shelf for the model boats that I have never had space for, despite starting ages ago.  It's nice to have Vanity out and level for the first time in its life.
Son, Bazz lent me his circular table saw, which has sped all woodwork up no end.  I have been given one as well, but it needs the blade tilt sorted out.
The end shelf/bench is supported by my favoured cantilever system which gives a free area below for storage of model carry cases. etc.  It's dimensions are governed by the free stock of black ash chipboard which I believe was once a child's cabin bed or some such.  All the 2"x2" was donated by Ian's work from unwanted tractor wheel stillages.
My understanding lady wife asked earlier, "When that last felt's on the roof, will you slow down?"  Well, I think I can now do that. I just wanted to get it all weatherproof, so I might put some barge board on tomorrow....or I might just have a well earned day off as it's Chris's Birthday AND our Anniversary tomorrow which means a lazy day and a nice meal out in the evening.

1 comment:

  1. Good day! This post could not be written any better!
    Reading through this post reminds me of my good old room mate!
    He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this page to him.
    Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks
    for sharing!

    Look into my blog; Replica Christian Louboutin

    ReplyDelete