Tuesday 24 December 2013

Diversity in interests

Reading Iain's old blog entries, I notice one about his father-in-law's many model interests.
It seems some of us stick to just one thing all our lives, but some can't stay with just one for long. I am of the latter persuasion and my work for customers reflects that, fortunately.

Currently on the bench for customers:-
2mm scale Kitson Industrial 0-6-0 tank loco master in nickel silver
O9 Cordite van master
Ferrari 312 slot kit build
Cooper T81 slot kit build
Lancia D24 slot kit modifications (x3)
1/32nd scale De Havilland Dragon Rapide master
1/72nd scale Pilatus PC12 master
1/48th scale Leopard 6 Bizjet master
Chevrolet Corvette Super Sports Sebring slot body master.

And for me:-
7mm scale M&GN brake van in pearwood
Lantern Yard set-piece in 7mm scale with a model of our old boat Heather Bell and buildings
KeilKraft Super 60 R/C model aircraft rebuild
1/16th scale model of the Victorian sailing Cutter, "Vanity" (on which I once lived)
1/12th scale model of a McLaren M8F Can-Am car
Cleveland race Spitfire Mk XVIe in 1/32nd scale
1/48th scale First Flight Spitfire set piece with photographer and camera
7mm scale set-piece of Ferry station down platform and shelter
Masters for Group 44 racing cars in 1/43rd scale and 1/32nd scale

And more besides, I'm sure, somewhere!

Then there's the Austin 7 Special I'm building with my son, with Coventry Climax FWM 750 engine, but that's for when the weather improves.

Have a Happy Christmas and a great New Year.

2 comments:

  1. All the best to you, too, Martin! That's an impressive list of jobs and personal projects, not least the 2mm Kitson...wow! I only have my unfinished forge and the 7mm Mills class Hunslet for myself...although there are road bridges and a shopping development in Dubai on the professional workbench :-) I hope the new year is a really good one for you with lots of modelmaking satisfaction. All the best,
    Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Iain. It is a bit of an eclectic mix! The Kitson will tax the old peepers. I've only done one 2mm scale pattern before and that was a Tram loco, which was not too taxing.
    Yesterday was a mixture of Meccano with the grandson and engineering with my son.
    Good luck for the shopping Mall, but the road bridges sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete