It seems it works, too as I've managed to get a friend's one-off Delage GP well underway. His great Uncle, it seems, one "Bummer" Scott, (NO! Dutton Minor, stop that) bought a 1 1/2 Litre GP Delage from his mate, Malcolm Campbell and raced it in somewhat modified form at Brooklands, etc.
My chum had bought himself some lump of resin from an ebay seller some time ago and started to remove the exhaust, but had given up and so, decided to pass the whole job on to me. Not only to correct the body, but make for it a scale, brass chassis with all the necessary slot car bits on. So that's what I've been at for a week or so recently.
Old "Bummer" enjoying his latest toy
The modified body and scale brass chassis.
The body on its chassis, with an aluminium cockpit and in the background the new Brooklands exhaust.
I have also managed to get some more planks on the Vanity model. We now have 4 a side, no thanks to epoxy glue tother day, when for no obvious reason the mixture failed and let the planks go loose!
So, much as I don't like the stuff, I had to scrape all the epoxy off and replace with PVA and get on with that.
Add to that some work on the lathe and we seem to have got ourselves comfortable in the new workshop.