Wednesday 19 June 2019

HOW long ago???...

Whilst looking for references to the KeilKraft Skystreak aeroplane model, of blessed memory, I came across a picture of one of my model aeroplanes and that particular entry in this blog, but it was this time 4 years ago!
Ye Gods, where does it go?

The point is I have decided to take up model flying after all, even after the previous false starts. The Wisbech club, who actually flew nearer Kings Lynn have all but disappeared up there own tail pipes, but the Kings Lynn Club, having been kicked off their common by the raving save-the-noot mob now fly (unknown to me) literally up the road and seem a reasonable price, so I have decided to go along and meet them.  I went one Sunday morning and met with a very warm welcome from some excellent chaps.

I gave my old chum his models back as I really thought it would never happen. I kind of wish I hadn't now, especially as he now has a sudden dementia and wouldn't even remember me. Quite where all his dozens of models will end up I dread to think.  I will try to get as many of them as possible to members of my new club as the woman my old chum seems to trust is not, in my view, all she seems, but there's not much I can do.

I have bought a foam glider costing a princely 8 quid and am converting it to R/C and a small electric brushless motor. My wife has also bought me two other convertible gliders for a huge 71p each!  One of those will become a flying wing.

Apart from that, the Skystreak 32 will now be done in foam as I really don't like balsa wood. Never have.  Foam is the future, dependent upon which kind of foam you use. 

Finally looking forward to taking up my long overdue hobby, which I have wanted to do since I was a kid and KeilKraft were on every shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment