Sunday 14 October 2018

Make do and mend...

At the weekend I've decided to leave the big stuff behind and just do jobs for me.  Of course that usually morphs into Kanyerjustas. You know...Kanyerjust sort that door out, Kanyerjust top up the pond, etc.  Today the light seems to have run out after all that lovely summer and Indian summer and it's pissing down with rain.
I did get a bit done yesterday. I finished the carrying case for the Crash Tender and painted some bits on the wee Star SY 3 yacht restoration.  I'm really getting a taste for this restoration lark. It has more challenges than making new.  And making do and mending has always been my main interest. I know I can make new. I've nothing to prove there, but restoring is always something new to think about.

The Star yacht with the first coat of enamel on the lower hull.
Tinplate fittings scraped free of rust and mast repaired from 2 broken halves.

The front slides down hammered aluminium angles.  The case will eventually have stands to keep the boat's prop and rudder off the floor.  Now I have to make similar for the Vanity yacht,Chris Craft, the Darby One Design and the Greavette.  Then where do they all go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment