Monday 23 July 2018

And den I got diss and diss and den dat and...

Another birthday, another haul of goodies.
I got a Hobgoblin T-shirt to add to my other one, yet I have never drunk a pint of that beer.  A bottle of Southern Comfort, most useful.  A nice coffee cream cake and an Indian takeaway...Chicken Achar. Yum, my favourite Indian meal on a stuffed paratha.
Chris bought me a set of ancient Yeoman white metal fittings for the Crash Tender, a bag of Modelling Timbers very final glazed hand turned portholes and a set of new RC gear.

There, happy with that lot.  I'm just finishing cleaning up the white metal fittings. Nothing too much required. Just a coat of primer before final colours.  AND, the portholes are perfect for the wheelhouse too. Saves me the hassle.  The RC gear, ludicrously inexpensive, works perfectly too and will go in it as 2.4Gg frequency doesn't suffer from early sparky electric motors. And my Crash Tender has a Taycol Supermarine of considerable vintage.  Not the fastest, but then this type of Crash Tender would have spent very little time flat out anyway. It just didn't have the fuel capacity at 65 gallons per hour PER ENGINE!  Of which it had 2.
So, my finishing off of the CT is nearly there.  Filling, sanding down, a bit more filling, then final paint.  The window frames are made with windows and the gutters added over the cabins.  Mast made of brass.

Time for another Southern Comfort, methinks...

No comments:

Post a Comment